Re: FW: Subj: Word Perfect file converted to Unicode Text

From: Jukka K. Korpela (jkorpela@cs.tut.fi)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2006 - 01:28:10 CST

    On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Omi Azad wrote:

    > I didn't understand the whole idea. What does it mean WP text to Unicode
    > text?

    As an educated guess, I'd say that "Unicode text" means plain text in
    UTF-16 encoding, as opposite to the normal WP format, which is
    program-specific and contains formatting information and metadata

    > I think you can open your WP
    > document with OpenOffice and save as any format you want.

    I would guess that WP, too, can open a plain text file. The problem would
    then be that all the formatting has been lost.