RE: MS Math layout (was: ZWJ, ZWNJ and VS in Latin and other Greek-derived scripts)

From: Murray Sargent (murrays@exchange.microsoft.com)
Date: Tue Jan 30 2007 - 15:40:40 CST

    You can get some of the background of the Office 2007 math facility in my blog (http://blogs.msdn.com/murrays). The linear format input language is defined in Unicode Technical Note #28 (http://www.unicode.org/notes/tn28/UTN28-PlainTextMath-v2.pdf). This technical note was produced using a beta version of Word 2007 and illustrates the beauty of the math layout. Our approach relies on Unicode's excellent support for mathematics and makes extensive use of the math alphabetics.

    Murray