Re: Uppercase ß is coming? (U+1E9E)

From: Andrew West (andrewcwest@gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 07 2007 - 16:22:18 CDT

    On 07/05/07, Asmus Freytag <asmusf@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    > I'm also convinced that this character is in danger of becoming the
    > most-studied single character proposal, which is especially ironic in
    > the light of the 4000-odd CJK extension C characters that may contain
    > dozens, nay hundreds of characters with less-certain origin and future,
    > but that excite barely a comment.

    CJK-C may not have been discussed much on public lists such as this
    one (where most of the important and controversial encoding issues
    pass by unnoticed), but there has been plenty of detailed discussion
    and analysis going on in the background, and several subscribers to
    this list have spent many hours researching the lineage of individual
    proposed CJK-C characters. My recollection is that there was
    considerably more discussion of CJK-C than Capital ß at the recent WG2
    meeting, and the fact that CJK-C was pushed back to Amd.5 is a
    reflection of the comment that it has excited.

    Andrew