Re: Demande d'aide pour écrire avec la Feera (écriture Afar)

From: Hans Aberg (haberg@math.su.se)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2007 - 07:10:51 CDT

Some links:
   http://www.omniglot.com/writing/afar.htm
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afar_language
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ge%27ez_alphabet
The second link says that Afar is written using the Latin alphabet or
Ge'ez script, and the link thereafter has some Unicode Ethiopic
characters U+1200+, see <http://www.unicode.org/charts/>. Then fonts
can be looked for at:
   http://www.wazu.jp/index.html
   http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/fontsbyrange.html

   Hans Aberg

On 29 Jun 2007, at 11:39, Alan Wood wrote:

(Google <http://translate.google.com/> translation.)

> Subject: Ask of assistance to write with Feera (Afar writing)
>
> Message: Hello Mr Wood, I desespèrement seek to write data-
> processing texts with Feera. The reason is that there is to date no
> police force of characters ( MAKE in English) of Feera proposed by
> UNICODE.
>
> Feera is an old writing used by Afars (Ethiopia, Erythrée and
> Djibouti). Voiçi French sites dedicated to Feera: http://
> www.arhotabba.com/feera/Feera.html http://www.manuskrits.net/
> espaces/salleetude/recherches/culture afare/
>
> Could you, if it plait you, indicate to me if there is a police
> force of Feera and so not how to make?
>
> PS: I can send the examples to you - types of Feera.

(Original.)