Modifier turned i and <sup>turned i

From: Denis Jacquerye (moyogo@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2007 - 09:08:22 CDT

    Why doesn' the following have this approximate equivalent?
    U+1D4E MODIFIER LETTER SMALL TURNED I;<sup>U+1D09 LATIN SMALL LETTER TURNED I

    Most characters in the superscript modifier letters (U+1D2C...U+1D5C)
    in the Phonetic Extensions block or the Spacing Modifiers Letters have
    approximate equivalents, such as
     U+1D2E MODIFIER LETTER CAPITAL B with <super> U+0042 LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B.
    It's understandable that the two following do not have approximate
    equivalents since there are only small capitals present.
    U+1D2F MODIFIER LETTER CAPITAL BARRED B
    U+1D3B MODIFIER LETTER CAPITAL REVERSED N

    Cheers,

    Denis Moyogo Jacquerye