Some control characters test cases

From: Itai Bar-Haim (itaibh@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2007 - 08:49:26 CDT

    Hi everyone.
    I'm new to this mailing list, and to unicode.
    I develop a Bidi/Unicode library for the .Net environment called NBidi (
    http://nbidi.sf.net).
    While running test cases, I found problems regarding control characters.
    I'll only ask about one scenario in this post.
    The problematic test case is as follows:
    Given text: <RLO>abc<PDF>
    What should I expect as a result? My expectation would be (visual, control
    characters removed) 'cba'.
    If I leave the control characters in place I would expect: <PDF>cba<RLO>
    The actual result I get is <PDF>abc<RLO>. This is because of:
    Rule X4 sets the embedding levels to: 11111
    Then rule I2 sets the embedding levels to: 12221
    When performing reordering we get: <RLO>cba<PDF> ==> <PDF>abc<RLO>

    Am I missing something here?

    Thank you in advance,
    Itai.