RE: Western musical symbols font

From: Alan Wood (alan.wood@JUSTIS.COM)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2007 - 02:43:24 CDT

    Hans Åberg asked:

    > Is there a font that can display the Western musical ornament
    > symbols
    > U+1D19D MUSICAL SYMBOL ORNAMENT STROKE-3 and U+1D1A0 MUSICAL SYMBOL
    > ORNAMENT STROKE-6?

    George Douros has produced a font called Musical Symbols that contains these
    2 characters:

    <http://users.teilar.gr/~g1951d/>

    Using this font and Andrew West's BabelMap utility, I can see all of the
    Musical Symbols characters.

    However, I cannot see any of them in my test page using Internet Explorer 7,
    Firefox 2, Opera 9 or Safari 3 beta under Windows Vista.

    <http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/musical_symbols.html>

    With James Kass' Code2001 font installed, I can see some of the characters
    in the Musical Symbols range in Firefox 2, but not in other browsers, and
    not in BabelMap.

    --
    Alan Wood
    http://www.alanwood.net (Unicode, special characters, pesticide names)