Re: Encoding Personal Use Ideographs (was Re: Level of Unicode support required for various languages)

From: Andrew West (andrewcwest@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2007 - 07:33:14 CST

    On 02/11/2007, vunzndi@vfemail.net <vunzndi@vfemail.net> wrote:

    > Can anyone think of a 3 stroke character that is on the list of to be encoded?

    Well, CJK-C has U+2A700, U+2A701 and U+2A7EA, as well as one
    two-stroke character, U+2A70B.

    > The point of the above being if even fairly common four stroke
    > characters are yet to be enoced there should be no suprize that
    > <U+9F8D U+9580> has not.

    My surprise is that it is such an obvious character to create that
    no-one did so hundreds of years ago, and that if anyone did create the
    character that it was not publicised enough to make its way into the
    Kangxi dictionary, and hence into Unicode CJK-B or earlier.

    Andrew