Re: Rot13 and letters with accents

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@roadrunner.com)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2007 - 12:38:03 CST

    William J Poser <wjposer at ldc dot upenn dot edu> wrote:

    > Clearly the rot13 algorithm should be applied only to
    > text that has been normalized to composed form.

    Actually I was going to go the other way: the text should first be
    normalized to *decomposed* form (NFD). For maximum obfuscation, you
    want as many Basic Latin letters as possible in the source text.
    Precomposed letters-with-diacritic don't get transformed at all, which
    defeats the purpose.

    --
    Qbht Rjryy  *  Shyyregba, Pnyvsbeavn, HFN  *  ESP 4645  *  HGA #14
    uggc://ubzr.ebnqehaare.pbz/~qrjryy