Capital sharp s

From: Henrik Theiling (ht@theiling.de)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2007 - 15:14:44 CST

    Hi!

    I'm not sure whether I spotted a bug or a feature in the 5.1.0beta.
    It is about casing of the new 1E9E LATIN CAPITAL LETTER SHARP S.

    My understanding was that with existing text, nothing changes, i.e.,

        toupper("ß") = "SS"
        casefold("ß") = "ss"

    and that the new capital sharp S would behave as follows:

        tolower("<CAPITAL SHARP S>")= "ß"
        casefold("<CAPITAL SHARP S>")= "ss"

    However, there is no entry in the CaseFolding list nor in
    SpecialCasing for 1E9E in the Unicode 5.1.0beta. The following
    document does propose an entry in CaseFolding:

        http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/n3227.pdf

    Is this a bug or a feature?

    Bye,
      Henrik