Re: CLDR Usage of Gregorian Calendar Era Terms: BC and AD -- Can we please have "CE" and "BCE" ?

From: James Kass (thunder-bird@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2007 - 06:17:01 CST

    John Hudson wrote,

    > ...And how do you think Muslims would feel about that? Something tells me that appeals to a religious tolerance website funded by
    > advertising for online psychic readings would not impress them. :)

    An organization preaching tolerance of diverse belief systems
    could not, in good faith, reject advertising revenue from psychics.

    Hans Ã…berg wrote,

    > The simplest way to avoid the issue altogether is to use astronomical year numbering:

    A good idea, but the phrase "astronomical year numbering"
    may be too cumbersome for many. We'd want something
    simpler and more catchy. How about "star date"?

    Best regards,

    James Kass