Re: CLDR Usage of Gregorian Calendar Era Terms: BC and AD -- Can we please have "CE" and "BCE" ?

From: William J Poser (wjposer@ldc.upenn.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2007 - 17:43:57 CST

    >One must not mix different size_t definitions, which is hard to
    >achieve in practice; see:
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem

    True. But again, that is not relevant to the utility of the abstract
    system, which is that of keeping time in units of seconds starting
    at midnight on January 1, 1970. POSIX does not to my knowledge
    say anything about the range of values that time may have. It merely
    says that time is of type time_t and that a time_t must be an integer
    or floating point type.

    Bill