Re: Cham proposal

From: James Kass (thunder-bird@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Dec 30 2007 - 21:29:10 CST

    Javier Sola wrote,

    > Michael,
    >
    > Is this proposal for both Cambodian and Vietnamese Cham? Are the differences only a matter of font style?

    Cham is part of Unicode 5.1 and might become official sometime
    in March. My impression is that the original proposal and the new
    Unicode Cham represent unification of the two font styles, and
    that the proposal charts use glyphs matching the Vietnamese style.
    In N3120.PDF, Figure 2 shows different font styles for Cham,
    but SIGN NG is not shown in that exhibit.

    In the N3120 proposal charts, the glyphs for VOWEL SIGN OE
    and CONSONANT SIGN NG look quite similar. Is it possible that
    the chart glyphs in N3120 are reversed for these two
    characters?
    AA2E ◌ꨮ CHAM VOWEL SIGN OE
    AA43 ◌ꩃ CHAM CONSONANT SIGN FINAL NG

    Best regards,