Re: Fwd: Unicode Transliteration Guidelines released

From: James Kass (thunder-bird@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2008 - 06:10:27 CST

    David Weinberg wrote,

    > 2008/1/29, James Kass <thunder-bird@earthlink.net> wrote about pop music.
    >
    > How about http://www.thefreedictionary.com/transcription ?
    >
    > transcription (trn-skrpshn)

    Learn something every day. I've been using vowels along with
    consonants to pronounce that word. What was I thinking?
    What was I thinking with?

    > 1. The act or process of transcribing.
    > 2. Something that has been transcribed, especially:
    > a. Music An adaptation of a composition.
    > b. A recorded radio or television program.
    > c. Linguistics A representation of speech sounds in phonetic symbols.
    > 3. Biology The process by which messenger RNA is synthesized from a DNA
    > template resulting in the transfer of genetic information from the DNA
    > molecule to the messenger RNA.
    >
    > Using the brain is better than thinking with your ass, but looking this up
    > FIRST, is even better.

    Thank you for the kind advice.

    Perhaps we can find some common ground.

    Would you agree that posts about pop music are off-topic for
    this list?

    Best regards,

    James Kass