symbols for nexus

From: Werner LEMBERG (wl@gnu.org)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2008 - 15:31:19 CST

    Folks,

    I'm searching a suitable representation for the nexus (used in Greek
    philology, for example), which looks like U+23E0 TOP TORTOISE SHELL
    BRACKET, and which is placed similar to mathematical horizontal
    brackets on top of a bunch of characters, something like

        ___________
       / \
        foo bar baz

    Looking into UTR 25, U+23E0 is listed as a horizontal delimiter and
    seems to be the right character; however, how is this to be used? For
    example, how can I mark `foo bar baz' to be enclosed with a top
    tortoise shell bracket?

    Unfortunately, UTR 25 lacks an example.

        Werner

    PS: It seems that there is a typo in revision 9 of UTR 25: In table
        2.3, the character U+23E1 BOTTOM TORTOISE SHELL BRACKET seems to
        be missing.