Solar symbol in ARMSCI standard not defined in Unicode? Is it same as Georgian Borjgaly ?

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2008 - 15:21:27 CDT

    This Armenian character as rendered in the small GIF icon seen in the
    Wikipedia page looks very much like the Georgian "Borjgali" symbol (a
    Georgian symbol of the Sun with seven rotating wings), which is often
    represented in the center of the branches of a christian Tree of Life.
    If in Armenian it represents Eternity, in Georgian it represents also
    something quite similar.

    You can see the Georgian Borjgali on the obverse face of Georgian coins
    (below one lari):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgian_lari
    It is also pictured on Georgian banknotes:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_%28country%29#Economy

    And also pictured on Georgian passports and some other official documents
    from the Republic of Georgia. Note the proximity of the two historical
    Christian cultures (Georgia venerates Saint George fighting the lion and
    Virgin Mary, also with references to the fight against Persian and Ottoman
    empires, however the Georgian Church is of Orthodox tradition, unlike the
    Armenian Church which kept its autonomy and rites, but still remains in the
    Eastern Roman tradition), common history (up to the Soviet era), and their
    geographic proximity (a common international border).

    Note that the Georgian Borjgaly symbol has *seven* rotating wings, but the
    Wikipedia article about the symbol found in ARMSCI displays *eight* rotating
    wings (We can be sure that the Georgian symbol has seven wings, but I'm not
    sure that the Armenian symbol really has eight wings; so may be the symbol
    displayed in Wikipedia for ARMSCI is wrong).