Mobile phones and Unicode support

From: Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven (asmodai@in-nomine.org)
Date: Thu Sep 04 2008 - 06:39:38 CDT

    To pick up a previous thread about this a bit.

    Now that Japan is deploying more and more GSM technologies I find I can
    finally SMS with my friends there. The only problem is that my phone
    supports neither an IME for Japanese nor the required fonts.

    Is it me, or has the phone industry been lax in anticipating and expanding
    this kind of need and support over, in my not so humble opinion, frivolous
    functions like walkman capabilities?

    Do we even have phones (in Europe) that support this?

    イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
    Paradoxes, side by side...