Re: Encoding of Teuthonista: Diacritics in parentheses

From: Karl Pentzlin (karl-pentzlin@acssoft.de)
Date: Thu Oct 30 2008 - 17:11:16 CST

    Am Donnerstag, 30. Oktober 2008 um 21:39 schrieb ich:

    KP> When it comes to encoding on Teuthonista:
    KP> http://www.sprachatlas.phil.uni-erlangen.de/materialien/Teuthonista_Handbuch.pdf

    To be a little bit more about Teuthonista:
    Someone looking at the presented parts may have the impression that
    there is a "fancy" system which leaves the realm of plain text.

    But in fact, Teuthonista *is* a plain text writing system with a specific
    and clearly defined set of building blocks which compose to diacritics
    and letters. The resulting set of diacritics is rather limited (about
    30), as not every possible diacritic is to be put in parentheses.

    Teuthonista is to write down the exact pronunciation of German dialect
    words, e.g. to store them in databases (thus employing a typical plain
    text application).
    I understand that this must be clearly pointed out in a proposal.

    Thus, I need the information I asked for in my previous mail under the
    assumption that the issue of plain were resolved as positive (even if
    this assumption may be unproven as yet).

    - Karl Pentzlin