copyleft, math, religious symbols

From: David Melik (dchmelik@.com)
Date: Sat Dec 13 2008 - 07:01:40 CST

Years ago a copyleft symbol was requested with evidence it would be
used. I would use it too. I consider copyright generally immoral; I
avoid anything biased towards it.

Logicians and mathematicians use backwards epsilon--omitted in unicode.
If sets of instructions are more than 255 now, letters G - U
hexadecimal-style may be useful.

Most/all monotheisms, but few other theisms, have unicode symbols. Most
such symbols were at about.com:
http://web.archive.org/web/20071012203635/altreligion.about.com/library/glossary/blsymbols.htm
, and many of those do not vary too much that they could go in unicode,
but the site does not have all: the Pythagorean number symbols in
addition to 1 (which is also the 'sun' symbol) might be good to add--and
similarly, some polygons with more than 4 to 6 sides.

--David