Re: Disclaimers (was RE: Need for Chinese language help)

From: Doug Ewell (doug@ewellic.org)
Date: Sun Dec 14 2008 - 23:29:35 CST

William J Poser <wjposer at ldc dot upenn dot edu> wrote:

> The question that one needs to ask about a confidentiality disclaimer
> is: what basis is there for it to be binding on the recipient?...

One thing that always amuses me about such disclaimers, that I must not
allow myself to receive this message and if I do inadvertently receive
it, I must not read it, is that the disclaimer always appears at the END
of the message. This goes for faxed messages as well as e-mails. Are
people expected to scan the end of a message for legal restrictions
before reading the body?

http://www.ewellic.org