Re: Emoji: emoticons vs. literacy

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Wed Jan 07 2009 - 17:24:30 CST

    Michael Everson wrote:
    > Thank you for saying this, Rick. On another list where I am supposed
    > to gauge opinion, I have explicitly informed the list that I ignore +1
    > and -1 comments.

    By the way, for the benefit of others, one quick way to include a
    reference to which you are "plus one"-ing is to point at the archive
    page containing the note, e.g.:
    http://www.unicode.org/mail-arch/unicode-ml/y2009-m01/0178.html

    Everything on this list is archived in real time, so by the time you
    receive a note from the list, it is supposed to already have been added
    to the archives.

        Rick