Re: Großes Eszett

From: James Kass (thunder-bird@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2009 - 18:09:36 CST

    It was written,

    JH>>> [checked Vista TNR, nothing up with U+1E9E]
    LB>> [random?]
    MS> [also sees Ş from unidentified mystery font]
    MS> I guess someone was already using that spot.

    Hey, it wasn't me!

    Those charts don't call any specific font(s) to display the chart
    glyphs. The *.CSS file includes this line:

    h5 {font-family: MyDefaultFont; font-style: normal; font-size: 32pt }

    ...which is the tag used for the chart display glyphs. This has the
    effect of causing the browser to use its own font settings, either
    default or user-modified.

    U+1E9E (ẞ) in the chart displays just fine here with Internet Explorer 7.
    Naturally I always modify the font settings.

    Best regards,

    James Kass