Re: Urgent call for clarification of Armenian numbering rules

From: David Starner (prosfilaes@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 29 2009 - 12:30:45 CST

    On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Andreas Prilop
    <andreasprilopwww@trashmail.net> wrote:
    > Please note:
    > 7,000 = 7.000 = 7 but 7000 = 70 * 100
    > See ISO 1000 and ISO 31.

    There's only one Infrared Space Observatory, so I don't know what
    you're talking about ISO 1000 and ISO 31? Or do you mean film speeds,
    in which case it makes no more sense? Or perhaps we should use common
    sense and understanding instead of insisting that things must have one
    universal translation.