Unicode regular expressions

From: Daniel Ehrenberg (microdan@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 13 2009 - 20:40:52 CST

    I'm working on adding some level of UTS 18 conformance to my regular
    expression library. I was wondering if there are any existing regexp
    libraries which are conformant beyond level 1. Java's regexp library
    claims to be level 1 conformant, but ICU's regexp library doesn't even
    mention UTS 18 in its documentation, and doesn't appear to support
    intersection of character classes. I'm wondering about how regular
    expressions can be implemented efficiently in the presence of features
    like . matching graphemes rather than code points. Can anyone point me
    to an existing implementation of regular expressions which is level 2
    compliant?

    Dan