RE: Fonts in Browsers was RE: Pb with Unicode Tifinagh with Internet Explorer

From: Peter Constable (petercon@microsoft.com)
Date: Wed May 27 2009 - 11:29:21 CDT

    From: Debbie Garside [mailto:debbie@ictmarketing.co.uk]

    > What I mean is, when using IE (or any browser for that matter) what
    > determines the display font within the address bar (the address bar is where
    > I type www.microsoft.com).

    I can't tell you what *any* browser does because it depends on how that browser was written. I can't even tell you for sure about IE unless I find out how it was written and what control it uses; and for other browsers that may run on other OSes I have even less certainty about what controls are used and whether they simply depend on the control to do the right thing or do something on their own.

    Why is this something you'd want to know? (Surely you don't see lots of different scripts in your address bar on a regular basis.)

    Peter