Re: unicode to postscript

From: Tommy Nordgren (tommy.nordgren@comhem.se)
Date: Wed Jun 10 2009 - 08:37:20 CDT

    On Jun 10, 2009, at 10:16 AM, Hans Aberg wrote:

    > On 10 Jun 2009, at 01:03, Tommy Nordgren wrote:
    >
    >> I want to find a unicode-compatible replacement for GNU enscript
    >> Do someone on this list know of such a tool?
    >> (Must build on Mac OS X)
    >
    > What do you want to use it for? Files can be printed using 'lpr',
    > text files can be converted to say HTML using 'textutil -convert
    > html', and then one would use a html2ps converter.
    >
    > Hans

            i want to print with language-dependent syntax highlighting. For an
    example:
    enscript --fancy-header=a2ps -f Courier6 -Eobjc <anObjectiveCFile>

    The -E option (which can usually be written without a parameter) tells
    enscript to use synatx highlighting.
    (For .m files the parameter is necessary, since encript defaults to
    matlab highlighting for .m files)
    If you don't have a postscript printer: add the option --
    output=somefile.ps
    pstopdf somefile.ps
    lpr somefile.pdf
    See the amazing new SF reel: Invasion of the man eating cucumbers from
    outer space.
    On congratulations for a fantastic parody, the producer replies :
    "What parody?"

    Tommy Nordgren
    tommy.nordgren@comhem.se