Re: unicode to postscript

From: Ed Trager (ed.trager@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 10 2009 - 09:58:45 CDT

    Hi, Tommy,

    The closest thing I know is:

       http://paps.sourceforge.net/ -- A Pango to Postscript converter

            paps [--landscape] [--columns cl] [--font_scale fs]
                 [--family f] [--rtl]

    I too wish that there were an exact replacement for GNU enscript which
    would handle Unicode.

    A few years ago a friend of mine wrote libLASi, a Unicode Postscript
    printing engine, based on some ideas that I had and to fulfill some
    software needs that I had at the time:

             Home page: http://www.unifont.org/lasi/
             Sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/lasi/

      The library provides a C++ stream output interface ( with operator
    << ) for creating Postscript documents that can contain characters
    from any of the scripts and symbol blocks supported in Unicode and by
    Owen Taylor's Pango layout engine. It would be very possible --and
    certainly not very hard-- to create something like an "enscript"
    look-alike using LASi as the foundation. But I have never bothered to
    do it ...

    Hope this helps a bit.

    Best Wishes -- Ed Trager