Re: Another translation posted

From: John H. Jenkins (jenkins@apple.com)
Date: Thu Jun 18 2009 - 19:16:39 CDT

    ¦b Jun 19, 2009 12:46 AM ®É¡A Asmus Freytag ¼g¨ì¡G

    > It very much depends not only on "age", but also on the "time" of
    > adoption. The current fashion for geographic name is to follow the
    > preferences or usage of the "owner" of the name (Beijing for Peking).

    It also depends on what you think of the "owner." A lot of people
    still insist on Burma instead of Myanmar. (And just to be a
    contrarian, I keep saying "Peking" instead of "Beijing", let alone the
    awful newscaster mangle of "bay-zhing", the home of "tien annamun
    square". *shudder*)

    =====
    John H. Jenkins
    jenkins@apple.com