Re: browser behavioral differences for IDNA

From: jefsey (jefsey@jefsey.com)
Date: Wed Oct 21 2009 - 15:57:53 CDT

    At 21:51 21/10/2009, Mark Davis ☕ wrote:
    >FYI, UTS 46 points to differences among browsers regarding separator
    >(period) behavior. See
    >
    ><http://unicode.org/reports/tr46/#HandlingPeriods>http://unicode.org/reports/tr46/#HandlingPeriods
    >
    >Markus and I have further investigated some browser behavior, and
    >have also found differences regarding normalization behavior for IDNA. See:
    >
    ><https://sites.google.com/site/macchiato/unicode/idna-behavior>https://sites.google.com/site/macchiato/unicode/idna-behavior
    >
    >Mark

    Thank you for the inputs.

    Please note that the interplus architecture does not locate idnaplus
    (that can be defaulted to plain idna) at each user application, but
    at a pseudo-intelligent-network front end common to every
    applications and parametered by the future netlocale file. I hope we
    can have a prototype within two or three months (we just are
    voluntary internet lead users [@larges]).

    Best.

    jfc