Re: Unicode Haiku Contest

From: Jon Hanna (jon@hackcraft.net)
Date: Fri Oct 23 2009 - 08:28:38 CDT

    Marion Gunn wrote:
    > because it gets true haiku look and feel (which the other 9 shown on
    > that page fail to get).

    Thanks. My favourite was Ken Lunde's, which to me gave me the image of
    the classical haiku's wonder at nature, only with chapter 16 of the spec
    instead.

    > Anyway, that was a fun competition, which does help to lighten up the
    > image of Unicode.

    Indeed. Up until we had a haiku competition, some people thought we were
    all nerds. Now they'll know better!

    (Actually, there's been little for the 1s and 0s nerds like myself of
    late, which is why I've been silent on any serious Unicode matters).