Re: This just in

From: Jukka K. Korpela (
Date: Sat Jan 09 2010 - 04:18:53 CST

    William_J_G Overington wrote:

    > I managed to get the example of rolling a 6-sided die working and
    > then I managed to get the example of the random choice from seven
    > types of recyclable plastic working as well.

    You may wish to change that to a loop that modifies the content of an
    element, to create the impression of rolling. You may need to add some
    programmed delay between the modifications. A simple demo:

    The die characters are supported by a few fonts only, and I was surprised at
    seeing that in Code2000, they do not appear properly in normal text size (on
    my computer and screen at least): the bottom line is cut off. (Increasing
    line height did not help.) In larger size, they work rather well.