A poem using localizable sentences

From: William_J_G Overington (wjgo_10009@btinternet.com)
Date: Fri Jan 15 2010 - 02:04:42 CST

    I have written a poem using some of the localizable sentences that I used in my experiments last year.

    It is winter.
    The colour is white.
    It is spring.
    The colour is green.
    The colour is yellow.
    It is summer.
    The colour is green.
    The colour is yellow.
    The colour is red.
    It is autumn.
    The colour is yellow.
    The colour is brown.
    It is winter.
    It is cloudy.
    The colour is grey.
    It is snowing.
    The colour is white.

    The poem uses twelve of the localizable sentences, some used more than once.

    The whole poem can be expressed using seventeen private use area characters.

    There are fonts containing language-independent glyphs in the following thread.

    http://forum.high-logic.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2672

    Readers are invited to try creative writing using the localizable sentences thus far defined.

    Readers are invited to suggest more localizable sentences.

    Maybe one day a pdf could contain regular Unicode codes expressing localizable sentences and a version of Adobe Reader will automatically localize into the selected local language using an external file as the dictionary for the conversion from localizable sentences to sentences expressed in the chosen local language.

    William Overington