off-topic discussions [was: A poem using localizable sentences]

From: John (Eljay) Love-Jensen (eljay@adobe.com)
Date: Fri Jan 15 2010 - 07:38:49 CST

    Hi Chris,

    > Is this sort of thing and threads on things like 7-sided dice remotely on-topic on this list?

    No, absolutely not.

    However, some of us enjoy these tangential discussions.

    I suggest that a unicode-community@unicode.org distribution list be created, wherein tangential subjects like 7-sided dice, poetry, calligraphy, pictures of fonts used for store front signs, BBC programs on synthetic languages, et cetera can be shared by the Unicode community who are interested in discussing tangential subjects.

    The perennial discussion of Klingon, Tengwar, et al and the merits of encoding them into Unicode (rather than PUA) are on-topic for unicode@unicode.org forum.

    Any off-topic posts on unicode@unicode.org can be moved to unicode-community@unicode.org, and further discussion can ensue on that distribution list forum.

    Sincerely,
    --Eljay