Re: A poem using localizable sentences

From: Neil Harris (neil@tonal.clara.co.uk)
Date: Sat Jan 16 2010 - 12:38:36 CST

    On 16/01/10 09:11, William_J_G Overington wrote:
    > On Friday 15 January 2010, Jon Hanna<jon@hackcraft.net> wrote:
    >

    >> I'm also at a loss as to why you are proposing this in the
    >> first place.
    >>
    > In the hope that it will be an interesting cultural phenomenon that can allow a little communication across language barriers.
    >
    > William Overington

    It's been tried before:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characteristica_universalis

    Probably the most successful attempt in recent times is

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blissymbolics

    Perhaps you might want to take a look at the previous attempts before
    you try to develop your own?

    If you are determined to repeat the experiment, you might want to
    consider developing it first outside the framework of Unicode, perhaps
    using the PUA, which exists for exactly this sort of purpose, and then
    apply for encoding as and when your system is in widespread public use...

    -- Neil