Re: Confusables and Script restrictions

From: Mark Davis ☕ (mark@macchiato.com)
Date: Tue Jan 19 2010 - 15:07:01 CST

    Thanks for the feedback. When I look at it now, U+0251 ɑ Latin small letter
    Alpha is showing up, eg:
    http://unicode.org/cldr/utility/confusables.jsp?a=a&n=onis may have been
    an addition after you looked at the file.) But any further ones you find
    would be appreciated.

    For everyone: Ken had suggested reviewing Lisu (vis-a-vis Latin) and Old
    Turkic (vis-a-vis Turkic), so any help on those would be appreciated.

    *Reviewing Data
    *

    I also enabled looking at the confusables and the identifier restrictions in
    another view. For example, here is the data for Latin:

    http://unicode.org/cldr/utility/list-unicodeset.jsp?a=
    \p{latin}-\p{nfkdqc%3Dn}&g=idr

    The data for latin is fairly aggressive at this point - that is, a lot of
    characters that are probably legitimate are restricted (eg, as
    "limited-use"). Suggestions on which of them to "unrestrict" are also
    appreciated.

    *Feedback*

    There is a form to allow easier feedback than email, at
    http://www.macchiato.com/unicode/security-mechanisms

    Mark