Re: U+2015 HORIZONTAL DASH, 2-em and 3-em dashes in the Chicago Manual of Style

From: André Szabolcs Szelp (a.sz.szelp@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 27 2010 - 11:30:03 CST

    And I always thought, that EM DASH differd from HORIZONTAL BAR by EM
    DASH having slight space around it while HORIZONTAL BAR not, so that
    several HORIZONTAL BARs would join up to a line without kerning, while
    em-dashes wouldn't.
    At least some fonts do draw them this way.
    ———
    ―――
    -- well, not all.

      /Szabolcs