Re: FYI: Google blog on Unicode

From: Ed Trager (ed.trager@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 28 2010 - 13:16:59 CST

    Hi, Mark,

    It's great to see that UTF-8 is winning the battle! :-)

    Now I just wish that the Apache people would make UTF-8 the *default*,
    *out-of-the-box* encoding for the Apache web server.

    I always find it an annoying pain-in-the-you-know-what to have to
    change Apache's settings to UTF-8. Sorry, guys, but Latin-1 is
    already a dinosaur encoding ...

    - Ed