Re: CJK Ideograph Fragments

From: Uriah Eisenstein (uriaheisenstein@gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 10 2010 - 07:32:25 CDT

    Thank you for the detailed answer, Mr. Freytag, I will consider then
    submitting at least an initial proposal (will probably take a few weeks).
    I'll try to contact participants in some projects which make use of
    character decompositions; although, I need to think if such character
    fragments would be useful in themselves for exchange of information, rather
    than functioning as convenient building components for other characters.
    Is there anywhere I could find the justifications for adding the CJK Radical
    Supplement characters, or were these incorporated into Unicode as part of
    previously-existing standards?
    Also, are the IDSs used internally by the IRG available anywhere public? I
    know these are not an official part of the Unicode standard, but they would
    make a nice use case :)

    Regards,
    Uriah