Re: IS UNICODE a STANDRAD

From: V. M. Kumaraswamy (ekavivmk@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 01 2010 - 11:50:33 CDT

    On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 8:43 AM, <mpsuzuki@hiroshima-u.ac.jp> wrote:

    >I'm not sure what you mean here... What you call "Unicode" font
    >is a font including the glyphs scanned from the book "Unicode
    >Standard"?

    What I mean is one of the font devloper has stolen GLYPHS of another font
    which were available on the website and developed his font without taking
    permission or even informing the owner of the font. This font was selling to
    general public for an amount. People were buying this font for their use.

    Now the developer who did the font, is giving it to public as free
    fonts, saying that he developed the font. Now the developer publishes that
    fonts are Uniocde fonts on developer website. Is this can be done ??

    Unicode Consortium need to think about these kind of things that are
    happenning. That is stealing of IPR of others.