Re: Least used parts of BMP.

From: Kannan Goundan (kannan@cakoose.com)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2010 - 02:25:27 CDT

    On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 23:30, Asmus Freytag <asmusf@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
    > Why not use SCSU?
    >
    > You get the small size and the encoder/decoder aren't that
    > complicated.

    Hmm... I had skimmed the SCSU document a few days ago. At the time it
    seemed a bit more complicated than I wanted. What's nice about UTF-8
    and UTF-16-like encodings is that the space usage is predictable.

    But maybe I'll take a closer look. If a simple SCSU encoder can do
    better than more "standard" encodings 99% of the time, then maybe it's
    worth it...