Re: Questionable lines on LineBreakTest.txt

From: Konstantin Ritt (ritt.ks@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 08 2010 - 10:09:44 CDT

    2010/6/8 Mark Davis ☕ <mark@macchiato.com>

    > If the test files are "known to be in error", then those "known" cases
    need to be actually communicated back to the UTC; sitting on them doesn't do
    anyone any good.

    > I have not had a chance to investigate, but this particular case may be
    covered by the description in
    http://unicode.org/Public/6.0.0/ucd/auxiliary/LineBreakTest-6.0.0d4.html:

    > The Line Break tests use tailoring of numbers described in Example 7 of
    Section 8.2 Examples of Customization.

    indeed.
    LB24 says: The default line breaking algorithm approximates this with the
    following (LB25) rule. Note that some cases have already been handled, such
    as ‘9,’, ‘[9’. For a tailoring that supports the regular expression
    directly, as well as a key to the notation see Section 8.2, Examples of
    Customization.

    and there is a note in LineBreakTest*.txt file: Note: The Line Break tests
    use tailoring of numbers described in Example 7 of Section 8.2 Examples of
    Customization. They also differ from the results produced by a pair table
    implementation in sequences like: ZW SP CL.

    but I have yet another question: why every test in LineBreakTest.txt assumes
    break opportunity at the start-of-text while LB2 says: Never break at the
    start of text ? if these tests are for "out of context" usage, where can i
    read such note?

    Konstantin