Re: Most commonly used characters not in BMP

From: Mark Davis ☕ (mark@macchiato.com)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2010 - 20:15:00 CDT

    From a sampling of the web (about .7M docs), the most common supplementary
    characters are, curiously, private use. Top is [?] U+FEB85. For Han, the top
    few are: 𣿡, 𠀤, 𩇫, 𥑬, 𤥂, 𡛺, 𤎌, 𠜎,... There are also, oddly, some
    Gothic and Shavian characters.

    However, the data gets pretty noisy; it would take a bigger sample to get
    more reliable data.

    Mark

    — Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —