Re: Refining the idea for the SignWriting proposal

From: Stephen Slevinski (slevinski@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 16 2010 - 07:28:13 CDT

    Most BaseSymbols show fill1 and rotation 1. Handshapes are the
    exception. There are 261 different handshapes broken into 10 groups.
    The first handshape in each group uses fill 1 and rotation 1. The rest
    of the handshapes use fill 2. This is a standard that has been used
    since the beginning of the writing system.

    You can see the 10 SymbolGroups for handshapes use fill 1.
    http://signbank.org/iswa/cat_1.html

    If you click on any Symbol Group, you can see the BaseSymbols underneath
    use fill 2.

    Regards,
    -Steve