Re: Indian Rupee Sign to be chosen today

From: Mahesh T. Pai (paivakil@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 25 2010 - 02:09:37 CDT

    Michael Everson said on Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 07:07:49PM +0100,:

    > http://www.pluggd.in/indian-rupee-symbol-297/
    >
    > I don't know if this is a joke or not, but none of those five is any good.

    Does not seem like one. But it is strange that there is no mention of
    it in any .gov.in sites. (but that is normal, given the way we function).

    http://beta.thehindu.com/news/article114001.ece#

    Apparently, this has not got enough publicity, else, I would have
    asked my 20 month to draw a better symbol. Serious. Those look very
    juvenile.

    Is there any rule / convention / treaty that a currency symbol should
    have two lines passing through?

    --
    Mahesh T. Pai   ||  http://[paivakil|fizzard].blogspot.com