Re: High dot/dot above punctuation?

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2010 - 12:16:38 CDT

    On 7/28/2010 9:30 AM, André Szabolcs Szelp wrote:
    > You really all say, that general property Sk (DOT ABOVE) rather than
    > Po (FULL STOP, COMMA, MIDDLE DOT) (compared with all other decimal
    > point characters) can not cause any problems ever in certain algorithms?
    No, we say that this is equivalent to a decimal comma - it's the same as
    regular comma, and well-designed algorithms can tell the difference.

    Distinguishing identically looking punctuation marks by their function
    in text on the level of character encoding is not something that has
    proven workable.

    A./