Re: Symbola font (was: James Kass and Code2000 font)

From: Andrew West (
Date: Sun Oct 24 2010 - 07:56:37 CDT

    On 13 October 2010 21:41, Andrew West <> wrote:
    > On 13 October 2010 17:48, Doug Ewell <> wrote:
    >> At the risk of spreading unsubstantiated FUD, I experienced system
    >> crashes (BSOD) twice in one day while trying to configure the
    >> composite-font feature in BabelPad (beta D) to use Symbola 6.00
    >> on Windows XP SP3.
    > Unfortunately this is a known issue with BabelPad and BabelMap, and
    > not the fault of Symbola.

    This problem has been fixed in the new Unicode 6.0 versions of
    BabelMap and BabelPad that I finally released today.

    However, further testing has indicated that standard Windows
    applications such as Notepad may blue screen crash on some systems
    when attempting to render U+1F5FD (Statue of Liberty, but replaced by
    a glyph for the Angel of Death in Symbola) with Symbola version 6.00
    at high point sizes (pasting 12 x U+1F5FD into Notepad with font set
    to Symbola 72pts reliably crashes my Windows XP machine, but not my
    Vista machine). So I advise people to use the Symbola font with