Re: visual glyph search

From: Jukka K. Korpela (jkorpela@cs.tut.fi)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2011 - 00:12:36 CST

    Yes, but I think Chris Weber was up to something else when he wrote:

    > Does anyone know of a visual search tool for Unicode characters?
    > Something similar to http://detexify.kirelabs.org/classify.html?

    That tool lets you draw, by hand (mouse), a glyph and then recognizes what
    symbol it might be. It’s a pretty cool tool, but it’s limited to symbols
    (whatever that might be—letters are apparently excluded, as e.g. my draw of
    the diameter sign resulted in a suggestion of a few symbols, including the
    diameter sign, but excluding the letter ø). Moreover, it recognizes drawn
    characters. I tried to copy and paste a character there but just managed to
    crash Firefox.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/