Re: Arabic Jazm Urdu

From: Bob Hallissy (Bob_Hallissy@sil.org)
Date: Fri Mar 18 2011 - 20:25:44 CST

    On 2011-03-17 at 10:19 CE Whitehead wrote:

    > While fonts are being discussed, does anyone know what font will
    > display the jazm character (currently encoded as a variant of the
    > sukun, U+0652) properly for Urdu?

    You might try a variant of SIL's Scheherazade. This font has a number of
    tunable features which can be selected via SIL TypeTuner. Visit
    http://scripts.sil.org/ttw/fonts2go.cgi, select Scheherazade, set the
    "Sukun" feature to "Open Left", and then click on "Get tuned font" to
    download a Scheherazade variant with the alternate sukun.

    I'll be interested to know if this does what you want.

    Bob Hallissy
    SIL Non-Roman Script Initiative