Re: ayar font and several burmese font issues.

From: Ngwe Tun (ngwestar@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 21 2011 - 20:56:07 CST

    Dear Philipe,
    You are right. If you have font installed or embedded font by their web
    site, you will see myanmar text correctly. But It doesn't follow the
    standard of Unicode for Myanmar Script. Myanmar Script standards set as
    Vowel E must store after consonant and medial.

    Ayar store as visual form and try to abuse Unicode standards. They announced
    as they followed Unicode Standards. It is not technical issue. We can have
    proper Myanmar Text by storing as logical Order as Consonant + Medial +
    Vowel Form in Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
    >>> A better path would be to increase the documentation about how to
    build a Myanmarese font on the OpenType site
    Yes, we want to do it right away. We have to deal with Microsoft. Microsoft
    didn't update yet our script specification in their site. Check there;
    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otfntdev/myanot/default.htm
    What should we do more without Microsoft OpenType Specification. Our
    collague already started about Myanmar OpenType Specificaiton at
    http://prahita-tmhtet.blogspot.com/2010/10/myanmar-opentype-specification-features.html
    And we implemented Pango Shaper Modules with that approach.

    thanks for intersting in our issues.

    Best

    Ngwe Tun

    --
    We will release Myanmar Linux Desktop in 11/11/11.