Re: Quick survey of Apple symbol fonts (in context of the Wingding/Webding proposal)

From: John H. Jenkins <jenkins_at_apple.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 13:11:07 -0600

Not to sideline this discussion, but it's been brought to my attention that I wasn't clear on an important point. What Karl provides in N4127 is just a summary of what PUA characters are found in Apple fonts, and not a proposal for encoding *anything*. Kudos to Karl for digging up the data and formatting it so nicely, but there seems to be an awful lot of discussion going on for what is really a non-proposal, especially when the owner of the data in question has yet to comment on it.

I guess my own background is leaking through here, but to me, it feels like the equivalent of the IRG using a copy of Adobe-Japan1-6 to work out issues on Han unification without waiting for Adobe to say anything about the set.

=====
井作恆
John H. Jenkins
jenkins_at_apple.com